Re: [SUMMARY] Re: New acinclude.m4

From: blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr
To: fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net
Cc: fgp(at)phlo(dot)org, dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SUMMARY] Re: New acinclude.m4
Date: 2005-05-20 06:59:31
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

----Message d'origine----
>Copie à: "Florian G. Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>,
>De: "Adam H.Pendleton" <fmonkey(at)fmonkey(dot)net>
>Sujet: Re: [SUMMARY] Re: [pgadmin-hackers] New acinclude.m4
>Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 17:44:44 -0400
>A: Raphaël Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
>

>On May 19, 2005, at 5:27 PM, Raphaël Enrici wrote:
>
>> To summarize :
>> - we reject the configure.ac.patch which removed ENABLE_STATIC and
>> should not have been included in trunk yet
>
>You mean reject my entire patch? It did much more than just remove
>ENABLE_STATIC, so it should not be rejected.

Oh no! Your patch is _really_ fine and it does not remove ENABLE_STATIC from configure.ac! I meant to just reject the first one I sent yesterday evening concerning ENABLE_STATIC removal in configure.ac, not acinclude.m4.

>> - we keep the latest "acinclude_static.patch" which re-add support for
>> pg_static_build=yes + takes care of systems where wxWid installations
>> are both static & dynamic.
>
>We should add your patch to what is already in the trunk.

So we all agree. Thank you Adam and Florian for this thread, it just reminds me we are alive :-)

@Dave, can you apply the last patch I sent named "acinclude_static.patch" concerning acinclude.m4 and ignore my first one concerning the configure.ac? Thanks. (note that if you don't find it, I can repost it). All of this should be done on current trunk keeping Adam's work.

Regards,
Raphaël