Re: Pb with the ./configure script

From: blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr
To: cremasch(at)essi(dot)fr
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Pb with the ./configure script
Date: 2004-11-23 18:04:11
Lists: pgadmin-hackerspgadmin-support
----Message d'origine----
>Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 14:24:48 +0100
>De: D'Artagnan <cremasch(at)essi(dot)fr>
>A: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
>Sujet: [pgadmin-support] Pb with the ./configure script
>
>Hello everybody,

Hi!

>(I am a student in charge of the installation of different GNU/Linux
>software in a french engineer school in computer sciences.)

Which one ? ;)

Ok, can you precise some point please:
- which wxWidgets snap/release are you using ?
- which version of pgAdmin III are you trying to build ?
- can you send the original config.log and precise what were the error messages ?
- which gcc version are you using ? It can be important as it may explain some cast problems you mentioned. pgA3 build support with gcc-3.4 was added these last months...

At least, you may also play with CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS env variables to hardcode some include dirs (CFLAGS="-I mydir") but you should not have to do it this way if everything is working as it should.

If it becomes too technical, we may move to pgAdmin-hackers list.

We keep in touch,
Raphaël

>I have installed without any problem wxWindows, and the stc "add-on"
>which is required by pgadmin3.
>But i have got a problem with the "--with-wx" option of pgadmin3 : there
>is a good detection of the binary "wx-config" but the script can't find
>the stc add-on.
>In the configure script of pgadmin3, i've read that, with the
>"--with-wx" option, it searches the directory "include" on the same
>hierarchical level that the directory "bin", which is totally unusual.
>
>My structure is like this (for wxWindows) :
>..
>`-- 20031010-7__1
>    |-- install
>    |   |-- arch
>    |   |   `-- Tettnang
>    |   |       |-- bin
>    |   |       `-- lib
>    |   |           `-- wx
>    |   |               `-- include
>    |   |                   `-- gtk2ud-2.5
>    |   |                       `-- wx
>    |   `-- noarch
>    |       |-- include
>    |       |   `-- wx
>    |       |       |-- generic
>    |       |       |-- gtk
>    |       |       |-- html
>    |       |       |-- protocol
>    |       |       |-- stc
>    |       |       |-- unix
>    |       |       |-- xml
>    |       |       `-- xrc
>    |       `-- share
>    |           |-- ...            //lots of things here about locale
>    |           |-- aclocal
>    |           |-- locale
>    |           `-- wx
>    |               `-- 2.5
>    |                   |-- afm
>    |                   `-- gs_afm
>    `-- log
>
>So you can see the marked difference between the architectural dependant
>files, and the non-architectural dependant files (a classical usage of
>the "--prefix" and "--exec-prefix" options)
>After editing the configure script, i can start the compilation phase
>but there are some C++ errors of compilation (static cast error for
>example), so i suppose it can't find some files .h from the stc add-on.
>
>Is there any solution for me to make pgadmin3 undertand that my
>"include" directory of wxWindows is NOT at the same place that the "bin"
>directory ?
>Thanks in advance for your help.
>Cremaschi Xavier.

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: Adam H.PendletonDate: 2004-11-23 20:36:55