Re: [pgadmin-support] Refreshing removed object crashes pgadmin3

From: blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr
To: richard(dot)vandenberg(at)trust-factory(dot)com
Cc: saito(at)inetrt(dot)skcapi(dot)co(dot)jp, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [pgadmin-support] Refreshing removed object crashes pgadmin3
Date: 2004-01-08 16:56:16
Lists: pgadmin-hackers pgadmin-support

----Message d'origine----
>Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2004 16:13:54 +0100
>De: Richard van den Berg <richard(dot)vandenberg(at)trust-factory(dot)com>
>A: blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr
>Copie à: saito(at)inetrt(dot)skcapi(dot)co(dot)jp, pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org,
>Sujet: Re: [pgadmin-support] Refreshing removed object crashes pgadmin3
>
>blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr wrote:
>
>It seems there are at least 2 different debian packages of pgadmin3,
>both with the same name and version number, but different dependencies:

In fact there should be three package with the same name and different dependencies. stable, testing, unstable correspond to the debian release you are using.
As you are on a testing/unstable, you should definitely not use the stable repository but at least the testing or unstable.

They are all build of the same source in different repositories.
(it's longer explained at http://www.pgadmin.org/pgadmin3/download.ph Please, feel free to tell me if it's not clear enough).

As you are using a mix between testing and unstable, your /etc/apt/sources.list should contain:
deb ftp://ftp.eu.postgresql.org/pub/unix/db/postgresql/pgadmin3/release/debian testing pgadmin
OR :
deb ftp://ftp.eu.postgresql.org/pub/unix/db/postgresql/pgadmin3/release/debian unstable pgadmin

(on a single line)

>The bug I originally reported (segfault when refreshing a removed
>object) is still there.

Ok, that's what Andreas told, it seems to crash with a gtk environment but not on a win32 one...
Andreas, will surely find a solution. It's not a debian specific issue.

Thank you for your report, and feel free to contact me if I was not clear enough.

Regards,
Raphaël