Re: Is there going to be a port to Solaris 9 x86 in the near future???

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is there going to be a port to Solaris 9 x86 in the near future???
Date: 2003-11-18 16:32:57
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-hackers

In an attempt to throw the authorities off his trail, csmiga(at)n2bb(dot)com (Christoper Smiga) transmitted:
> Does anyone know if there is going to be a port to Solaris 9 x86 in
> the near future. What is the decission to develop on this platform
> since Sun is pushing Solaris x86 harder than ever.

If you're running Solaris on x86, then you're free to try PostgreSQL
out there. It works quite well on SPARC; it is not evident that/why
it _wouldn't_ work on the x86 version.

On the other hand, the impression that I got was that the "pushing"
taking place with Solaris x86 was more of the "into the dumpster" sort
than "pushing hard to customers." I thought their new strategy
involved Linux on x86...
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "gro.gultn" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://cbbrowne.com/info/spreadsheets.html