Re: Use my (date) index, darn it!

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Use my (date) index, darn it!
Date: 2004-01-05 20:27:43
Lists: pgsql-performance
In the last exciting episode, siracusa(at)mindspring(dot)com (John Siracusa) wrote:
> What column(s) should I increase?  Do I have to do anything after increasing
> the statistics, or do I just wait for the stats collector to do its thing?

You have to ANALYZE the table again, to force in new statistics.

And if the index in question is on _just_ the date column, then it is
probably only that date column where the "SET STATISTICS" needs to be
increased.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="cbbrowne.com" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/sap.html