Re: We're now supported in Xemacs 21.4

From: Doug McNaught <doug(at)wireboard(dot)com>
To: Joel Burton <jburton(at)scw(dot)org>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: We're now supported in Xemacs 21.4
Date: 2001-04-20 19:13:38
Lists: pgsql-general

Joel Burton <jburton(at)scw(dot)org> writes:

> >From the NEWS file in Xemacs 21.4, released last week:
>
> ** The PostgreSQL Relational Database Management System is now supported.
> It is now possible to build XEmacs so that the programming interface
> to the PostgreSQL RDBMS (libpq) is available in XEmacs Lisp.
> Supported versions of PostgreSQL are 6.5.3 (earlier versions may work,
> but have not been tested) and 7.0-beta1.

Wow!

> It looks like this is for stashing info in a PG database and being able to
> get to it from XEmacs LISP.
>
> Ah, integration.

Now *this* is cool. It would be fun to write a PG email backend for
Gnus--might speed up handling large mailboxes.

-Doug (whose copious free time is, alas, not very copious...)
--
The rain man gave me two cures; he said jump right in,
The first was Texas medicine--the second was just railroad gin,