Re: Unsupported 3rd-party solutions (Was: Few questions on postgresql

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Unsupported 3rd-party solutions (Was: Few questions on postgresql
Date: 2004-08-22 19:05:57
Lists: pgsql-general
Oops! thhal(at)mailblocks(dot)com (Thomas Hallgren) was seen spray-painting on a wall:
> So, my suggestion is that the "verify" to get a "supported" status
> would actually mean something. It would mean that the PostgreSQL
> community has a real interest in the product and that they have
> every intention to maintain it. Such a "commitment" would of course
> not be binding in any way but it would state an intent. I think that
> would be very valuable to everyone!

I'd suggest that the "pgxs" work is pointed at making it easier to do
this sort of thing.

Make it easier to add in third party packages in a repeatable,
testable way, and that makes it easier to make the "3rd party"
material supportable.
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'ntlug.org';
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/emacs.html