Re: Looking for good reference materials for SQL programming.

From: Pete Jewell <morph(at)softhome(dot)net>
To: "Eric Naujock " <naujocke(at)abacusii(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Looking for good reference materials for SQL programming.
Date: 2001-05-09 16:53:35
Lists: pgsql-novice
"Eric Naujock " <naujocke(at)abacusii(dot)com> writes:

> I have been playing with postgresql for a while and have a copy of the book Postgresql on order.
>
> Are there any good reference materials available to teach how to do
> effective SQL and relational database design. I would prefer
> something more platform neutral but covers the theroy and concepts
> of good database design. Does anyone here have any suggestions for
> such materials?

There is a /very/ good book, whose exact name escapes me at the
moment, but you should be able to find it on Amazon if you perform a
search for 'SQL' and 'Practical'.

HTH

--
Pete

pete(at)maverick-dbms(dot)org
MaVerick - Open Source MultiValue Database Management System
Check out the website     ->    http://www.maverick-dbms.org