Re: have you seen this?

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: have you seen this?
Date: 2004-05-28 01:20:33
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

After a long battle with technology, dan(at)langille(dot)org ("Dan Langille"), an earthling, wrote:
> I have no problem directing people to the right tool for the job.
> Sometimes that tool is PostgreSQL. Sometimes it is not. PostgreSQL
> cannot please everyone all the time.

It may well be a mistake to try to please all the people all the
time. I think that was exactly what Tom Christiansen had in mind when
he wrote:

"Huh? Windows was designed to keep the idiots away from Unix so we
could hack in peace. Let's not break that." -- Tom Christiansen

Microsoft tries to market Windows as being "all things for all
people;" much of its badness comes from that.

"If Ada became the hot, in-language you would see a lot more bad
code in Ada." -- Thaddeus L. Olczyk <olczyk(at)interaccess(dot)com>,
comp.lang.C++

If PostgreSQL became as popular as MS-Access, we'd find people doing
hideous things with it. (Or, to be more precise, doing _even more
hideous_ things ;-).)
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@" "ntlug.org")
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/emacs.html "Is your pencil Y2K