Re: 8.0 Press Release, Draft Two

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: 8.0 Press Release, Draft Two
Date: 2004-08-28 03:16:40
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Martha Stewart called it a Good Thing when scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org ("Marc G. Fournier") wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 josh(at)bitbuckets(dot)com wrote:
>
>> - Slony-I is a replication system funded by dot-org domain registry Afilias.
>> - PostgreSQL has gained a number of stored procedure languages, namely
>> PL/PerlNG and PL/PHP which were sponsored by consultancy Command Prompt,
>> Inc. as well as
>> PL/Java and the .Net provider Npgsql.
>> - There are many more features available for anyone who wants to use them.
>
> Maybe include a pointer to pgFoundry in here?

Yeah, and I think it might be worth a line to mention that

"pgxs provides coding infrastructure to make it easier to deploy
 extension modules.  Numerous extensions and applications are available
 at GBorg.postgresql.org and PGFoundry.org"
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="cbbrowne.com" in name ^ "@" ^ tld;;
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/finances.html