Re: RE: [JDBC] é converted in é

From: Guillaume Cottenceau <gc(at)mnc(dot)ch>
To: "Laurent Schweizer" <laurent(dot)schweizer(at)peoplefone(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RE: [JDBC] é converted in é
Date: 2013-02-11 08:37:32
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

"Laurent Schweizer" <laurent.schweizer 'at' peoplefone.com> writes:

> Dear all,
>
> Bellow I have attached the code that I use to do the test, as you can see it's very simple.
>
> I just do the test on windows (via Eclipse) and encoding is OK !
> When I run same class on Linux , in command line, the encoding is not OK.
>
> Did I need to set some specific parameters on linux ?

If your tests are based on printing, you are not sure if your
encoding is ok is no places, I guess your insert/update might
also be using fixed string from sourcecode, which isn't much
reliable either. Your data might even be wrong in the DB.

At least in your test, which is based on System.out.println which
will work differently based on the default encoding of your
system, pipe to hexdump -C and check 0xc3 0xa9 is returned where
the é character should be. It would indicate everything works
well.