Other Cons - LinuxWorld Canada 2006

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Other Cons - LinuxWorld Canada 2006
Date: 2005-08-08 09:56:51
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

In "local news," an announcement has gone out regarding "LinuxWorld Canada":

LinuxWorld Conference & Expo Canada 2006 will be on April 24,25,26,
2006. http://www.linuxworldcanada.com/

We're looking ahead to Linuxworld 2006 since the call for papers is
due October 31, 2005.

http://www.plumcom.ca/lwnw_2006/call_papers.cfm

I'll bet there are other shows/"cons" similar to this. It may or may
not warrant folks like EDB, SRA, CmdP paying for space; that's
obviously open to interpretation and evaluation of what bits of budget
are appropriate to deploy on what...

They do have tracks for seminars (1h) and tutorials/labs (3h). Unlike
OSCON, the folks that come tend to be "more biz-oriented."

In 2004, I did a tutorial (I think; it was more than 1h) on "Financial
Software for Linux;" tried to leave it open-ended which meant a fair
chunk of the time went into the taxonomy of "Yeah, there's SAP R/3 and
PeopleSoft and ..." What turned out to be of interest was SQL-Ledger
(which happens to be PG-based ;-)), and there was a fair bit of
discussion of PostgreSQL.

The timing of it is such that it might be well-timed to do a seminar
on "Enterprise Benefits of PostgreSQL 8.1" or the likes.

We can doubtless find some presenters here in Toronto to volunteer (I
can think of two "Torontonians" that were at OSCON, for instance :-))
if others aren't interested in travelling up.
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="acm.org" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://cbbrowne.com/info/rdbms.html