Re: Draft Seven

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Draft Seven
Date: 2004-09-09 03:22:57
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Oops! simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com ("Simon Riggs") was seen spray-painting on a wall:
> The only effect of this re-write seems to have been to remove my
> company's name from the list, though Red Hat is now credited. This
> probably means little to many people, but clearly a lot to me.
>
> Could I ask for an explanation as to why?
>
> I have heard no objection? If there is, please say so now. I have no
> problem with such comments being aired.
>
> The criteria for inclusion previously was major feature contributors
> - now it seems to be something else. What is the rationale now? If
> that is clearly stated, I'll be happy, as long as it isn't
> specifically crafted to exclude.  As an aside, 2nd Quadrant's view
> would be that PostgreSQL is a strategic part of their overall
> I.T. plan - as I dare say do about 12-20 other contributors.

I don't have all the drafts handy, but it looks to me like 2nd
Quadrant never got mentioned _anywhere_ in the drafts.

Grepping through my relevant mail folder, the only mention I see of
2nd Quadrant as other than part of your email address was when Josh
Berkus was trying to point people to write useful things rather than
squabbling.  To wit:

  "As a compromise between Peter's perspective and mine/Andrew's, I
  think that we should focus on the features but name-drop.  So we
  need to work in company names at appropriate points, namely Fujitsu,
  Afilias, Red Hat, Open Source Development Labs, Command Prompt, 2nd
  Quadrant, and SRA-America (am I forgetting someone?).  The names
  should get across the multi-company involvement without dwelling on
  it."

That was kind of "pre-drafts."

Personally, I didn't have "2nd Quadrant" in mind; when thinking of
PITR, it's your name that comes to mind, not the company name.

Perhaps a company has been forgotten, and needs to be added...
--
let name="cbbrowne" and tld="acm.org" in String.concat "@" [name;tld];;
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/rdbms.html