Re: AIX5.2 compile for PG 8.0.2. -- novice installer

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: AIX5.2 compile for PG 8.0.2. -- novice installer
Date: 2005-05-04 21:58:59
Lists: pgsql-ports

After a long battle with technology, RMohan(at)arbinet(dot)com ("Mohan, Ross"), an earthling, wrote:
> while I am stalled, waiting on my SA to provide me with a "gmake", I'd
> like to know where I can find the libreadline needed to "configure"
> pgsql with readline support. Oddly enough (to me, a newbie) this didn't
> fall out of the tarball along with the many other goodies.
>
> Anybody have an idea where to find the lib support for readline?

That falls out of the GNU Readline system, which must also be
installed.

It may be handy for you to know what sorts of things we have found
useful to compile and install in addition to PostgreSQL on AIX:

1. GNU readline 5.0
2. zlib 1.2.1
3. GNU Make 3.8.0
4. m4 1.4
5. GNU flex 2.5.4
6. GNU Bison 1.875

I can't warrant that that is all you'll ever need, but it will
probably do for now...
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'ntlug.org';
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/