Re: Bulk Insert and Index use

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Bulk Insert and Index use
Date: 2004-08-11 02:24:31
Lists: pgsql-performance
In an attempt to throw the authorities off his trail, tech(at)wildcash(dot)com (Rudi Starcevic) transmitted:
> A minute for your thoughts and/or suggestions would be great.

Could you give a more concrete example?  E.g. - the DDL for the
table(s), most particularly.

At first guess, I think you're worrying about a nonissue.  Each insert
will lead to a _modification_ of the various indices, which costs
_something_, but which is WAY less expensive than creating each index
from scratch.

But perhaps I'm misreading things; DDL for the intended tables and
indices would be real handy.
--
output = ("cbbrowne" "@" "cbbrowne.com")
http://www.ntlug.org/~cbbrowne/linux.html