Re: Front End Languages for PostgreSQL

From: Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Front End Languages for PostgreSQL
Date: 2005-02-16 23:02:55
Lists: pgsql-novice

Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw when lvaningen(at)ESNCC(dot)com ("Van Ingen, Lane") would write:
> Does anybody have any solid information that says that one language
> is better as a front end to a PostgreSQL database over another, and
> why ?

Here lies Serious Flamage...

One of the strengths of PostgreSQL is that people have built mappings
to make it usable in conjunction with _numerous_ languages, often with
APIs specially suited to the language.

People have had good success using numerous languages; it would seem
very strange to me for any language to be provably "better" in this
fashion.
--
(reverse (concatenate 'string "moc.liamg" "@" "enworbbc"))
http://linuxdatabases.info/info/languages.html