Re: [SQL] Re: [ADMIN] Apache authentication & PostgreSQL

From: Christophe Labouisse <labouiss(at)cybercable(dot)fr>
To: pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] Re: [ADMIN] Apache authentication & PostgreSQL
Date: 1999-06-18 22:01:20
Lists: pgsql-sql

Fomichev Michael <fomichev(at)null(dot)ru> writes:

> I want to give different access rights to the database for different
> users (for select, for update, etc.). I can't do this using a pseudo user
> to contact the database. In CGI script I can connect to the database with
> another username/password then a pseudo user, but I don't know the
> password of authenticated user. May be there is another way to do this ?

Do you really need to set up password on the database level? As Jan
told you since an authentification is made on the apache level you
know when your CGI is executed that the user entered the right
password so you can create on the database level the same users you
use in apache but with no passwd or with dummy passwords.

--
Christophe Labouisse : Cinéma, typographie, Unix
christophe(dot)labouisse(at)dial(dot)oleane(dot)com http://www.multimania.com/gabuzo/