Re: feature proposal - triggers by semantics

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Darren Duncan <darren(at)darrenduncan(dot)net>
Cc: Pgsql Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: feature proposal - triggers by semantics
Date: 2012-11-15 21:38:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Darren Duncan <darren(at)darrenduncan(dot)net> writes:
> So, I'm partly proposing a specific narrow new feature, "TRUNCATE FOR EACH
> ROW"

Kevin has been proposing that we consider an alternative approach in
some other cases that I think would work better for you, too. Namely, to
have access to OLD and NEW in FOR EACH STATEMENT triggers, where they
would be relations rather than records.

Dimitri Fontaine     PostgreSQL : Expertise, Formation et Support