Re: Another swing at JSON

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Joseph Adams <joeyadams3(dot)14159(at)gmail(dot)com>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Another swing at JSON
Date: 2011-04-02 20:10:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr> writes:
>> This and removing module_pathname in the control files to just use
>> $libdir/contrib in the .sql files. That would set a better example to
>> people who want to make their own extensions, as the general case is
>> that those will not get into contrib.
>
> My original intention when I started working with the extensions patch
> had in fact been to do what you suggest above, but I was convinced not
> to. I don't think we should reverse that decision at the last minute.

Ok, I'll trust you on that. So the other way to ease compatibility
would be to keep the .sql.in to .sql Makefile rule in pgxs.mk but make
it just to a copy in 9.1. Then the same old script will just continue
working as soon as you edit the module_pathname in the control file.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine