Re: Adding data from mysql to postgresql periodically

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: franrtorres77 <franrtorres77(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Adding data from mysql to postgresql periodically
Date: 2010-11-17 21:03:23
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

franrtorres77 <franrtorres77(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> I need to add periodically some data from a remote mysql database into our
> postgresql database. So, does anyone know how to do it having in mind that
> it must be runned every minute or so for adding new records to the
> postresql?

I've been doing that with pgloader already, using mysqldump -T -w
options to get csv output and a where clause (incremental dumps of some
sort). It worked and allows to validate that we'd be better served with
PostgreSQL, so we migrated away from MySQL as soon as possible.

Don't miss the pgloader user module reformat feature, and the mysql to
PostgreSQL timestamp that you have to use sometime (depends on the MySQL
minor version, if memory serves).

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine