Re: Extension tracking temp table and causing update failure

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>, Phil Sorber <phil(at)omniti(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Extension tracking temp table and causing update failure
Date: 2012-03-08 22:41:14
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> Actually, after I got done hacking the temp-schema case, I realized that
> preventing temp tables from becoming extension members isn't so ugly as
> I first thought; in fact, it's pretty much a one-liner, and much cleaner
> than hacking ON COMMIT DROP. PFA a patch that fixes both of the
> temp-table issues.

Awesome. I'm surprised we have so few callers of NamespaceCreate, but
that makes sense indeed. Nice localized patch, and I know why I want to
upgrade to 9.1.4 sometime later :)

(extensions with PL functions that you need to drop when the API
changes, you need to alter extension drop function in the script before
9.1.4).

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine