Re: Inline Extension

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Inline Extension
Date: 2012-01-20 16:29:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers
> peeves is that the system doesn't know how to do an install of v1.1 by
> running the v1.0 script followed by the 1.0-1.1 upgrade script, which

Did you try

  CREATE EXTENSION foo FROM 1.0;

Maybe you would want the system to be able to determine the oldest
version to start from to reach the current default_version given in the
control file, but I guess it would be better to add another property
like default_full_version or such (last_stop?).

Looks like a simple enough project, the fact that it helps our own
shipping and script maintenance could maybe allow us to work on that
this late, dunno.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine