Re: Warm Standby looking for already applied log files

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: "Dimitri Fontaine" <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>, "Colin Wilson" <cwilson(at)blackducksoftware(dot)com>, "pgsql-admin\(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Warm Standby looking for already applied log files
Date: 2011-01-28 16:45:53
Lists: pgsql-admin

> I don't suppose there's something which looks *into* a backup file
> and deletes all WAL files not needed to restore the related base
> backup? That would eliminate an even *uglier* bash script here.

Well with some luck Magnus will be able to complete pg_basebackup in 9.1
so that it's able to include all necessary WAL files, and just them…

I could have missed it but I didn't read about any effort towards
shipping a base backup cleaning tool in 9.1, or even after that.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine