Re: Re: BUG #5490: Using distinct for select list causes insert of timestamp string literal to fail

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
To: Farid Zidan <farid(at)zidsoft(dot)com>
Cc: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Re: BUG #5490: Using distinct for select list causes insert of timestamp string literal to fail
Date: 2010-06-05 20:16:59
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Farid Zidan <farid(at)zidsoft(dot)com> writes:
> I am not asking you to re-write my sql so the bug will not show. I am
> presenting you with sql that fails and shows the bug. If every time
> someone reported a bug you ask them to re-write their sql so the bug
> is not hit, that would not eliminate the bug.

You're not reading us.
Your example makes no sense at all, and hides the problem you have. You
are failing to understand the situation because of this.

If you want to understand the problem you have, please go test your 14
databases with the meaningful tests that have been offered to you.

Until and unless you do so, I don't think posting here again on this
issue has any value, for you nor for us. You're abusing the time of lots
of people who are both busy and helpful, so please try to understand the
advices and analysis they've been offering to you.

Regards,
--
dim