Re: Triggers with DO functionality

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Triggers with DO functionality
Date: 2012-02-17 20:40:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com> writes:
> And thinking about it, DO is a bit nonsense here, so maybe we'd just
> have something like:
>
> CREATE TRIGGER...
> AS $$
> BEGIN
> END;
> $$;
>
> i.e. the same as a function.

I like that. How do you tell which language the trigger is written in?
I'm not so sure about other function properties (SET, COST, ROWS,
SECURITY DEFINER etc) because applying default and punting users to go
use the full CREATE FUNCTION syntax would be a practical answer here.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine