Re: Adding Node support in outfuncs.c and readfuncs.c

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Adding Node support in outfuncs.c and readfuncs.c
Date: 2011-12-04 20:26:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers
>> I can also maintain that in a separate git repository on github, but
>> that only reduces the already very thin population that could find it
>> useful.
>
> Since people seem to be less than super-enthusiastic about putting
> into the core distro, perhaps it would at least be a good
> startingpoint to do this? Should we perhaps consider a "postgres
> developer tools" common repository with just a random bunch of tools
> that people come up with (I assume there are more than just one of
> them sitting around peoples environments..)

I'm now thinking this script will be happy being on its own on github.
There's already peg over there that targets developers, and
pgbench-tools too, by Greg.

And setting pgsrc.el as a separate repository will make it easier to
integrate into el-get (well, I've just done that, so if you already use
el-get, install pgsrc-el and you're done, if interested).

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine