Re: Command Triggers, patch v11

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
Cc: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndquadrant(dot)fr>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Command Triggers, patch v11
Date: 2012-02-27 19:37:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com> writes:
> CREATE COMMAND TRIGGER test_cmd_trg
> BEFORE CREATE SCHEMA,
> CREATE OPERATOR,
> CREATE COLLATION,
> CREATE CAST
> EXECUTE PROCEDURE my_func();
>
> I couldn't drop it completely unless I specified all of those commands. Why?

Because I couldn't find a nice enough way to implement that given the
shared infrastructure Robert and Kaigai did put into place to handle
dropping of objects. It could be that I didn't look hard enough, I'll
be happy to get back that feature.

> Incidentally, I've noticed the DROP COMMAND TRIGGER has a mistake in the syntax.

Thanks, fix will be in the next version.

> The documentation also needs to cover the pg_cmdtrigger catalogue as
> it's not mentioned anywhere.

That too, working on it now, adding forgotten forms you reported and
more, adding regression tests, fixing weird cases, getting there :)

> I'm enjoying playing with this feature though btw. :)

Thanks :)
--
Dimitri Fontaine