Re: Extensions

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Extensions
Date: 2010-12-03 16:38:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi,

Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr> writes:
> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Extensions
>
> Oh, don't forget about the git repository, that's the easiest way to get
> at the code and try it. The branches, their content and dependencies are
> detailed in the wiki page, and here they are too, as a kick start.
>
> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb?p=postgresql-extension.git;a=summary
>
> cfparser \
> } extension \
> pg_execute_from_file() / } alter_extension
> /
> set_schema /

So, where are we on this? Well, thanks to a combined effort (+1 for the
PostgreSQL community):

- cfparser is in \
} YEAH ! :)
- set_schema is in /

- pg_execute_from_file() is now ready for commit

a new git branch pg_execute_sql_file has been created where Itagaki
patch landed, that allowed for next step

- extension v15 is attached

it's merged against master from today, so with the cfparser patch in
master and no longer in extension.v15.patch (less to review), and
includes the pg_execute_from_file() patch version from Itagaki, the
one cleaned up and marked ready for commit, so that the next merge
will be easier. Finally that was the path of least resistance.

- alter_extension suffers from bitrot and will need updating — that's
planned to after main extension is in

David, and anyone feeling like reviewing or trying the patch, if you're
not already crawling into the v14 patch, you could as well begin with
this cleaner version — no behavior changes, some cleaner code, make
check passes, no bitrot against master.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine

Attachment Content-Type Size
extension.v15.patch.gz application/octet-stream 51.5 KB