Re: Using more tha one index per table

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dfontaine(at)hi-media(dot)com>
To: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Craig James <craig_james(at)emolecules(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Using more tha one index per table
Date: 2010-07-25 08:29:26
Lists: pgsql-docspgsql-performance
Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com> writes:
> Craig James wrote:
>> By using "current" and encouraging people to link to that, we could
>> quickly change the Google pagerank so that a search for Postgres would
>> turn up the most-recent version of documentation.
>
> How do you propose to encourage people to do that?

What about adding version information in huge letters in the top blue
bar, with all versions available in lower letters than what you're
looking at, and with current version nicely highlighted (color,
underlining, subtitle, whatever, we'd have to find a visual hints).

In other words, make it so big that you don't have to read the page
content to realise what version it is you're looking at.  Maybe we would
need to have this information stay visible on the page at the same place
when you scroll, too.

Regards,
--
dim