Re: DDL Triggers

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-cluster-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: DDL Triggers
Date: 2013-01-17 14:48:10
Lists: pgsql-cluster-hackers
Hi,

> For the last few meetings, the Cluster Hackers have discussed a number
> of requirements.
>
> One of those, DDL triggers, has made it through and is now actively
> being worked on for 9.3
>
> Cluster hackers, this is your time to help Dimitri get his "event
> triggers" patches into a completed state and into 9.3

What this patch needs the most is also the easiest way for you to help
it: tell us on pgsql-hackers what you expect out of it, the features
that will make it possible for your replication solution to support DDL
operations without patching core.

In particular, I want to implement Normalized Command Strings support
for Event Triggers, which has a big code footprint. Will you use that?
Can you implement DDL support without that feature? How?

Please consider sending emails about that topic on -hackers.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine