Re: Extension upgrade, patch v0: debug help needed

From: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
To: Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr>
Cc: PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Extension upgrade, patch v0: debug help needed
Date: 2011-01-02 10:57:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Dimitri Fontaine <dimitri(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)fr> writes:
> The problem occurs on ALTER OPERATOR FAMILY ... SET EXTENSION, that's
> what dichotomy on the citext.upgrade.sql tells me.

The code in question was copy/pasted from the SET SCHEMA code path in
gram.y then other related files.  So I just tested a clean HEAD checkout
then the following steps:

  make -C contrib/citext install
  psql -f .../head/share/contrib/citext.sql
  psql
  dim=# do $$ begin execute 'alter operator class public.citext_ops using btree set schema utils'; end; $$;
	before or while processing the request.

Will try to debug that as soon as possible, but spare time here tends to
be sparse so I preferred sending this mail first.  Preliminary
investigation leads me thinking the cause is using n->objarg rather than
n->addname to host the access_method.  Working on a fix.

Regards,
--
Dimitri Fontaine