Re: [INTERFACES] refint doesn't work well with BDE (fwd)

From: wieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: Kovacs Zoltan Sandor <tip(at)pc10(dot)radnoti-szeged(dot)sulinet(dot)hu>
Cc: wieck(at)debis(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] refint doesn't work well with BDE (fwd)
Date: 2000-04-05 12:20:10
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-interfaces
> Hi Jan, refint error reporting seems to have a bug. The Windows ODBC
> driver cannot detect that refint machine dropped an error (I think that
> the same behaviour can be reproduced with the Unix ODBC driver, too). I
> suspect that the 7.0 refint manager's error string has an extra \n
> character (I found a lonely apostrophe at the beginning of a row in the
> log). beta3 has the same problem. What's your opinion? Regards, Zoltan

    I'm in no way an ODBC or BDE guy - anyway.

    First of all, 6.5.* didn't had the FOREIGN KEY implementation
    your 7.0 message is coming from. It's completely new stuff.

    Second, since an ERROR is correctly reported (violating a  RI
    constraint  is an ERROR and I cannot see any extra \n there),
    the bug seems to be in the ODBC or BDE part, not  looking  at
    the  return  code  but  trying to interpret the textual error
    message.

Jan