Re: [INTERFACES] refint doesn't work well with BDE (fwd)

From: wieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: Kovacs Zoltan Sandor <tip(at)pc10(dot)radnoti-szeged(dot)sulinet(dot)hu>
Cc: wieck(at)debis(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] refint doesn't work well with BDE (fwd)
Date: 2000-04-05 12:20:10
Lists: pgsql-hackerspgsql-interfaces
> Hi Jan, refint error reporting seems to have a bug. The Windows ODBC
> driver cannot detect that refint machine dropped an error (I think that
> the same behaviour can be reproduced with the Unix ODBC driver, too). I
> suspect that the 7.0 refint manager's error string has an extra \n
> character (I found a lonely apostrophe at the beginning of a row in the
> log). beta3 has the same problem. What's your opinion? Regards, Zoltan

    I'm in no way an ODBC or BDE guy - anyway.

    First of all, 6.5.* didn't had the FOREIGN KEY implementation
    your 7.0 message is coming from. It's completely new stuff.

    Second, since an ERROR is correctly reported (violating a  RI
    constraint  is an ERROR and I cannot see any extra \n there),
    the bug seems to be in the ODBC or BDE part, not  looking  at
    the  return  code  but  trying to interpret the textual error