Re: [HACKERS] type coerce problem with lztext

From: wieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Jan Wieck <wieck(at)debis(dot)com>, PostgreSQL HACKERS <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] type coerce problem with lztext
Date: 2000-02-27 21:02:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian wrote:

> We clearly needed this for 7.0 because of the larger plans. Good thing
> Jan had it available, becuase I can imagine some major headaches for
> people without it.

I haven't had it available. But where able to dig out some
revision numbers, then take some CVS diffs, and reactivate
two files from the CVS Attic directories.

Here's something close to the new limit:

rulename | length | octet_length
_RETv1 | 64677 | 7440

The view v1 is a simple 'SELECT * FROM t1' and t1 is a table
of 220 columns with the same names and types as nearly all
attributes of the system catalogs. Makes me feel comfortable.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #