Re: [SQL] Problem with PL/pgSQL

From: wieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: Vladimir Terziev <vlady(at)school(dot)digsys(dot)bg>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [SQL] Problem with PL/pgSQL
Date: 2000-02-08 16:04:28
Lists: pgsql-sql
>     Hi
>     I try to create the next function:
> create function ttt() RETURNS OPAQUE AS '
> END' language 'plpgsql';
> The result is:
> ERROR:  Unrecognized language specified in a CREATE FUNCTION: 'plpgsql'.
> Recognized languages are sql, C, internal and the created procedural languages.
>     I have postgres SQL ver. 6.5.2.
>     What's going on?

    As  the  message  says, only the created procedural languages
    can be recognized.  You haven't enabled the language  and  it
    isn't installed by default.  Use

        createlang <dbname>

    to  install  it  in  your  database. If you install it in the
    template1 database, than  all  subsequent  created  databases
    automatically inherit this.