Re: [BUGS] Bug: Inserting

From: kimmol(at)duniversum(dot)com (Kimmo Lahdensivu)
To: tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us (Tom Lane)
Cc: kimmo(at)lahdensi(dot)vu, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, kimmol(at)tulppaani(dot)com
Subject: Re: [BUGS] Bug: Inserting
Date: 1999-12-17 17:19:04
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> kimmol(at)duniversum(dot)com (Kimmo Lahdensivu) writes:
> > There was one common thing to all the situations I was unable to insert.
> > They were made using postgresql library of php3 (3.0.9). There were no
> > error messages or anything but the data just didn't appear in the db.
>
> I think PHP is one of the interfaces that has "autocommit" control (a
> seriously misnamed feature IMHO). What this really means is that your
> changes *don't* get committed until you say so, because the interface
> library issues a BEGIN WORK behind-your-back. If you disconnect without
> having done the correct incantation to cause a COMMIT, presto: all your
> work is rolled back.
>
> I don't know PHP well enough to know the magic incantation, however...

No. This is not the problem. At the current situation I'm not able to
insert a row into the table. It fails constantly without any error
messages and even if I call "psql -c "Insert statement" dbase" from
the php script without using the php interface. This is not a problem
appearing sometimes but all the time after it has first happened.

'' Kimmo