Re: [HACKERS] run_check problem

From: wieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: emkxp01(at)mtcc(dot)demon(dot)co(dot)uk
Cc: hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] run_check problem
Date: 1999-11-25 01:47:09
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Hi all,
>
> I'm getting an error in run_check.sh on Solaris.
>

> MULTIBYTE=;export MULTIBYTE; \
> /bin/sh ./run_check.sh solaris_sparc
> awk: syntax error near line 1
> .
> .
>
> 1) The awk script is broken over 2 lines.
> 2) Solaris's awk does not seem to understand REs in split(). (nawk's OK)

Argh - now I remember why we tried to avoid awk as much as
possible. Why do the sun guy's ship such a crippled version
for a good old UNIX V7 tool? I rememver that MINIX already
had a better one! DAMNED BLOODY MOTHERF...

And I discovered another problem with it too. The path
replacements in various scripts (especially those loading
shared objects at runtime) need to use the ones from the temp
installation. But that's surely hackable.

Jan

# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #