I've just removed the pg_proc_prosrc_index and all it's
related things like functions and the syscache for it.
Actually, this index made problems (I was able to corrupt the
index by using 2700 byte sized PL procedures) and it wasn't
used at all. The only reference I found to it was when the
system automagically creates a SET function from a
specialized node - but first this code is #ifdef'd out
(SETS_FIXED) and second I wasn't able to figure out which SQL
construct would force this to happen.
If someone in the future does this SETS_FIXED, the lookup in
catalog/pg_proc.c must fallback to a heap scan or do
something smarter (maybe a separate system catalog for these
SET functions to quickly find them). For now it would throw
an elog(ERROR) if ever hit.
# It's easier to get forgiveness for being wrong than for being right. #
# Let's break this rule - forgive me. #
#========================================= wieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck) #
pgsql-hackers by date
|Next:||From: Dmitry Samersoff||Date: 1999-09-30 11:43:37|
|Subject: RE: [HACKERS] Win32 pЭort of libpq|
|Previous:||From: Zakkr||Date: 1999-09-30 08:19:00|
|Subject: Re: [HACKERS] string function|