Re: [INTERFACES] Pg and Perl!!

From: "D'Arcy" "J(dot)M(dot)" Cain <darcy(at)druid(dot)net>
To: ic94006(at)solar6(dot)ingenieria(dot)uatx(dot)mx (Ilhuicatzi Cortes J(dot) Henry)
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [INTERFACES] Pg and Perl!!
Date: 1999-04-29 10:49:09
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
Thus spake Ilhuicatzi Cortes J. Henry
>    im using Pg to make CGI's beetwen Postgres and perl, where can i find
> examples about Pg. I have tried to make any CGI's and doesn't work fine.
>
>   Does someone have any examples about CGI?

It's Python, not perl but it may give you some ideas.  I have a page of
motorcycle rides at http://www.druid.net/rides/ that I maintain in a
simple PostgreSQL database.  The page has a link at the bottom that
shows the actual Python source that manages the page.

If your pages fail altogether, you may just be missing the first line that
gives the content type.  Note in the source how the first print statement
displays the string "content-type: text/html" followed by one totally blank
line.  Without that your page won't work.

Note, IE users may have to click on the link then view source.  Some
versions of IE mistakenly try to parse the html in the text file that
they get handed.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy(at){druid|vex}.net>   |  Democracy is three wolves