Re: a little question

From: liew(at)cee(dot)hw(dot)ac(dot)uk (Olive Liew)
To: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: a little question
Date: 1998-06-25 19:52:00
Lists: pgsql-general
Thank you for your reply.  I didn't know how your organisation works
until now.  I have contacted your company before re installing your
software re pg_dump and psql.  It has been at least 2 or 3 weeks now; I
still don't have an answer.

I thought, that possibly was too difficult for you all and I realised
that I would not get to use your product.  Instead, I asked a very
simple question today since 9am.  I am glad to know that it was actually
taken care of.  Many Thanks.

Regards, Olive.

>On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, Olive Liew wrote:
>

>> I regret to tell you that your support is exceedingly poor.  A simple question
>> like below . .
>
>	Our support is as good as the users that use it and read the
>mailing lists...we have no official support channel *except* for the
>mailing lists...
>
>	On top of that, pgsql-questions(at)postgresql(dot)org was disabled around
>May 1st of this year, split into 3 seperate lists in order to help improve
>the ability for ppl to actually read the messages going through...
>
>	When I received this, as I did not know the answer, I forwarded a
>copy to pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, in case someone else could answer
>it...
>
>	As I only received a copy of this this morning, and sent it out
>right afterwards, I'd say the turn around into the proper channels was
>quite quick...
>
>> I know that your software is free.   Our software is free too and I never
>> refuse to help anyone who puts any question to me.
>
>	Neither do we, if we can answer the question, we do...if its
>posted to the right mailing lists, it generally even gets answered faster
>:)
>

>> Regards, Olive.
>>

>> >Please help:
>> >
>> >Does Postgres support recursive queries?
>> >
>> >Many Thanks.
>> >
>> >Regards, Olive.

pgsql-general by date

Next:From: Stephan DoliovDate: 1998-06-25 20:35:16