Backend crashes - what's going on here???

From: jwieck(at)debis(dot)com (Jan Wieck)
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org (PostgreSQL HACKERS)
Subject: Backend crashes - what's going on here???
Date: 1998-02-20 19:06:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hey,

    the current snapshot dumps core on the 4th time doing

    REVOKE ALL ON pg_user FROM public;

    It  does  too in other situations but this is the simplest to
    reproduce. The segmentation fault happens in nocachegetattr()
    due  to  a  destroyed  tuple descriptor (natts = 0!!! and the
    others don't look good either) for the syscache 21 (USENAME).
    But the destruction must happen somewhere else.

    With  the  02/13  snapshot  I haven't got any problems on it.
    But cannot find the error with diff.

    BTW: Doing last checks on view permissions - sending a  patch
    soon.

Until later, Jan