Re: [HACKERS] A small type extension example for the contrib directory (fwd)

From: darcy(at)druid(dot)net (D'Arcy J(dot)M(dot) Cain)
To: scrappy(at)hub(dot)org (The Hermit Hacker)
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] A small type extension example for the contrib directory (fwd)
Date: 1998-01-25 18:53:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thus spake The Hermit Hacker
> I added this to the contrib directory for the server, but am
> wondering if anyone feels that this just might be useful as a "normal"
> datatype, instead of just in the contrib directory...

I have always thought that this would be useful. Perhaps we should have
a "Would be nice if we had it" list of datatypes to see if anyone would
like to implement some. How's this for starters?

IP addresses
MAC addresses
Phone numbers (with international and area codes)

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy(at){druid|vex}.net> | Democracy is three wolves