[1.4rc1] Can't rename constraint

From: Chris <chris(dot)velevitch(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: [1.4rc1] Can't rename constraint
Date: 2005-11-06 02:12:39
Lists: pgadmin-support

How do I rename a constraint?

I'm only doing this because I can't change the type of a column from char(30) to
varchar(64). So I renamed to original table, but the constraints seems to be
globally unique. I don't know why, but this simple exercise of changing a column
type is getting very messy and time consuming.

What I'm trying to do now is rename the table, create a new table with the
desired column definition and then add one table from the other, then drop the
old table.