Re: qsort (was Re: Solaris)

From: dalgoda(at)ix(dot)netcom(dot)com (Mike Castle)
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: qsort (was Re: Solaris)
Date: 2003-04-29 23:41:09
Lists: pgsql-general

In article <4896(dot)1051644271(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>,
>dalgoda(at)ix(dot)netcom(dot)com (Mike Castle) writes:
>> Better yet: Anyway of running performance tests from configure?
>
>Peter will object to that because of cross-compilation issues; and I'll
>object because I run configure often enough that I don't want it to take
>the time that would be needed for a reliable performance test ...

Understandable.

What about --with-pg-qsort (that defaults to use for currently known
systems) with a test program people could run if they want?

In that case, would counting the calls to the compare function be the
appropriate measurement (I'd think either wall or system time would vary
too widely).

mrc
--
Mike Castle dalgoda(at)ix(dot)netcom(dot)com www.netcom.com/~dalgoda/
We are all of us living in the shadow of Manhattan. -- Watchmen