Acucobol, ODBC and Postgres

From: Jonathan Foy <thefoy(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Acucobol, ODBC and Postgres
Date: 2010-04-07 19:57:48
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hello

I'm trying to configure the postgres odbc driver with our Acucobol
application (5.2 and 8.1), and was hoping that someone out there might have
some experience with this.

The application currently connects to our postgres databases (8.1.3 up to
8.4.2) without issue.  The problem came up when I started trying to use
pgbouncer.  I had it up and running from the command line, but connections
coming from the application are rejected due to a "bad packet header", which
seems to be because the connect packets are coming in with V2 in the data,
and pgbouncer only supports V3.  So, we downloaded the latest driver,
compiled it (RHEL 5.4), and (in theory) recompiled cobol with the new
library (libodbcpsql.so.2.0.0) linked in.  There was no apparent change.

The application can still parse the odbc.ini file to get the database name,
server, port, user, and password, but any additional settings seem to be
ignored.  I can't get any logging, I can't set the Protocol version...I'm
not convinced that the proper driver is being used.

Does anyone have any ideas?  Pulling my hair out...

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Korry DouglasDate: 2010-04-07 20:06:57