Re: call for creating test suite

From: Marc Herbert <Marc(dot)Herbert(at)continuent(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: call for creating test suite
Date: 2006-01-13 12:23:39
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz> writes:

> is here someone who will create testsuite for psqlodbc driver?

Isn't it possible to re-use/build upon some existing ODBC test suite?
Since ODBC is a standard interface, it would look like a waste to
duplicate such an effort across different ODBC drivers.

At worst a postgreSQL test-suite should hold ONLY postgreSQL-specific
tests, setup scripts, patches, etc., but no "standard" tests IMHO.

We (continuent) surely could invest some time developing such a suite
provided we can easily run it against our software.

There already is something that looks a lot like an ODBC test suite in
the 'tests' directory of unixODBC. Anyone had a look at it/heard about
it?