Re: Non-Proprietary ODBC Examples on Win32?

From: Randy Yates <yates(at)ieee(dot)org>
To: "Greg Campbell" <greg(dot)campbell(at)us(dot)michelin(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Non-Proprietary ODBC Examples on Win32?
Date: 2004-09-28 18:14:04
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Greg/Dave,

First, thanks for your responses. The value of having real people
to discuss these things with should not be underestimated.

I had already installed the postgres ODBC driver. The problem
is in programmatically interfacing to it. Using ODBC inevitably
comes down to making some calls to a library function (either
static or dynamic via import libraries). I don't want to depend
on MSVC++ CDatabase class or any of the other MS crap. I want to
interface with a free ODBC library. Part of the reason is that
I want to be able to target the application for either a unix
or win32 host.

Am I making sense?

--RY

--
%  Randy Yates                  % "Though you ride on the wheels of tomorrow,
%% Fuquay-Varina, NC            %  you still wander the fields of your