Bug in pg_env.bat from one-click installer

From: Christian Ullrich <chris(at)chrullrich(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug in pg_env.bat from one-click installer
Date: 2012-08-27 21:30:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hello all,

the EDB one-click installer has a slightly annoying bug in its
pg_env.bat script:

@SET PATH="C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.1\bin";%PATH%

PATH entries should not be quoted. As it is, every time a program is
started from this path, I get a message along the lines of

	could not find a "..." to execute

, with the name of the program in place of the "...". Nevertheless,
the program starts fine (interactively), but with the default locale. If
I put the unquoted directory into PATH instead, the message does not
appear, and the messages are translated.

--
Christian

pgsql-hackers by date

Next:From: Robert HaasDate: 2012-08-27 22:02:06