Re: problem with pg_dump

From: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: problem with pg_dump
Date: 2012-07-31 12:13:17
Lists: pgsql-novice

Jonatan Reiners, 31.07.2012 12:06:
> First, thanks for that link, i was ignorant.
>
> Process used:
>
> Export database with 'pg_dump icon > save.sql' ( from Mac OS X, pg 9.1.4 )
>
> Import database with 'psql icon < save.sql ( onto Ubuntu, pg 9.1.4 )
>
> The old problem vanished after an update on mac os from 9.1.3 to 9.1.4.
>
> Another problem with tables with money values emerged.
>
> Log excerp:
> ERROR: invalid input syntax for type money: "Eu67.667,00"
> CONTEXT: COPY bank_transactions, line 1, column amount: "Eu67.667,00"
>
> Similar errors for all tables with money column.
>
> Any hint or suggestions?
>
> Kind regards and thanks for your precious help.
>
> Jonatan

Sounds like you have different setting for for lc_monetary on the target than on the source.

Make sure both are set to the same value (in postgresql.conf)

That's one of the reasons I don't like the money datatype.
I prefer to store that in a regular numeric column and have the currency in another one

Thomas