Copy command-Out of memory error

From: nipuna <nipunajoset(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Copy command-Out of memory error
Date: 2012-10-09 17:47:20
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi,
 I am trying to copy a 13G file to postgres db using the 'copy from' command on PGSQL 8.4. After loading 8 million records I got the below error .

ERROR: out of memory

DETAIL: Cannot enlarge string buffer containing 1073726116 bytes by 65536 more bytes.

CONTEXT: COPY teststorage, line 8479575
  In my table I do not have foreign keys or triggers. I simply want to load the file to database. I was able to use the copy from command with 10000 records , jus to make sure it works.

please advice