Problem with pg_upgrade 9.0 -> 9.1

From: Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problem with pg_upgrade 9.0 -> 9.1
Date: 2011-09-17 10:32:03
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

I was trying to upgrade my Postgres 9.0 installation using pg_upgrade. Running it first with --check revealed no problems.

The when I did the actual migration, the following happened:

=========== start console output ========================================

Performing Consistency Checks
-----------------------------
Checking current, bin, and data directories ok
Checking cluster versions ok
Checking database user is a superuser ok
Checking for prepared transactions ok
Checking for reg* system oid user data types ok
Checking for contrib/isn with bigint-passing mismatch ok
Creating catalog dump ok
Checking for prepared transactions ok
Checking for presence of required libraries ok

| If pg_upgrade fails after this point, you must
| re-initdb the new cluster before continuing.
| You will also need to remove the ".old" suffix
| from c:/Daten/db/pgdata90/global/pg_control.old.

Performing Upgrade
------------------
Adding ".old" suffix to old global/pg_control ok
Analyzing all rows in the new cluster ok
Freezing all rows on the new cluster ok
Deleting new commit clogs ok
Copying old commit clogs to new server 1 Datei(en) kopiert
ok
Setting next transaction id for new cluster ok
Resetting WAL archives ok
Setting frozenxid counters in new cluster ok
Creating databases in the new cluster ok
Adding support functions to new cluster ok
Restoring database schema to new cluster psql:C:/Daten/db/pg_upgrade_dump_db.sql:6024: WARNING: => is deprecated as an operator name
DETAIL: This name may be disallowed altogether in future versions of PostgreSQL.
ok
Removing support functions from new cluster ok
Restoring user relation files

Mismatch of relation id: database "dellstore", old relid 83613, new relid 16530
Failure, exiting

Anything I can do about, or do I need to upgrade "the old way"?

Regards
Thomas